Monday, November 22, 2010

Thirty Before Thirty List Update!

I get to cross off two things on my thirty before thirty list! See the whole list here.


#18 is Laugh so hard I cry (I needed at least one easy one). It was easier that I thought. At the young adult small group that I attend, my super-talented friends wrote a song called "Christmas Beans," and I recorded it on my camera. Well, I tried to record it. They were so funny with their cutesy little mannerisms that I couldn't keep a straight face and kept cracking up. It wouldn't have been a problem since I was behind the camera, but every time Karl saw me laughing he would start too! We had about 10 takes of this before I finally gave up the camera and let someone else film it. We finally got a great take, but by then I was laughing so hard that tears were streaming down my face! Here's the final product, which I've already posted once but deserves another watch: 





The second item I get to check off my list is #4: Meet someone famous. This one might be an iffy one, since the person I met isn't really that famous in the grand scheme of things, but he's famous to me and I'm a big fan! I think the excitement factor alone is enough to validate crossing this off the list. He is Jon Acuff, and he writes a blog called Stuff Christians Like. It is a hilarious blog about Christian life; you should check it out! I was at the National Youth Workers Convention this weekend working at the Urban Ministry booth, when I saw on Twitter that Jon Acuff was going to be signing his book at the Dave Ramsey booth. I got really excited and dragged my friend Meagan with me because I was too shy to go by myself. We found him, and he was so super nice! We chatted about Birmingham and Camp Sumatanga, and he signed my book. I was really glad to meet him and tell him how much I enjoyed his writing. That was the closest I've come to meeting a "celebrity," so I'm going to cross it off my list!


Me and Jon Acuff!

So now I only have 28 things left on my list (well, 27 if you don't count #30, which I forgot to put on the list in the first place)! Maybe I'll be able to cross another one off soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make sure and remember to write your name when you comment so I know who you are!