Sunday, November 7, 2010

Give Thanks in November: Week 1

This month I am taking part in "Give Thanks in November" on Facebook and Twitter. Every day I post something that I am thankful for. They have been pretty random so far. I am going to post them on my blog at the end of each week so that I can save them for posterity. Because you know when a status goes beyond the "older posts" horizon, it's lost forever in the depths of the Facebook sea.

November 2: Rachel K. Sparkman is starting "Give Thanks in November" today! Today I'm thankful that God's got my back!


November 3: Thanks, God, for the gift of music, that always meets me exactly where I am. No matter my mood, I can always find a song that will speak to my heart. So thankful.


November 4: Oh, it's soooo early... BUT I'm thankful that I get to watch the sun rise on some beautiful smiling baby faces today!


November 5: Today I'm extra thankful for the miracle of modern medicine, from vaccines and treatments that save millions of lives, to more mundane remedies like Dayquil, which is the only thing getting me through the day. Amazing!


November 6: I am so thankful that today I got to go to Sumatanga, my favorite place in the world, and discover the Holy Spirit with some great people!


And today, November 7Today (and every day), I'm thankful for my church family that has welcomed me with open arms and made me feel at home. Thank you, Lord, for these wonderful children of yours. And bless them.


I am certainly not going to run out of things to be thankful for this month! I could keep going all year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make sure and remember to write your name when you comment so I know who you are!