Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Happy Christmas, Harry! Happy Christmas, Ron!

I love Christmas. I mean LOVE it. Not just Christmas, but Advent, New Year's, Epiphany, the whole deal. During the holiday season I get carried away on my Facebook and Twitter. I see all kids of fun videos and articles online, and I can't help but share them with my friends. So I thought I'd put them all together on my blog, sort of a holiday fun guide, if you will. Consider this your Christmas present. Enjoy!

First off, there are a couple of social network Christmas story videos out there. The cute one makes me giggle, but the sweet one makes my heart do that warm-twisty Holy Spirit thing. You know the one.

Speaking of the nativity, have you ever wondered what really went on during the first Christmas? Just ask these kids.

Thought Antoine Dodson's fifteen minutes of fame were over? Think again. He's back, and this time he's all up in Santa's business. Are you a Santa fan? Then here are some "facts" you might not know about the fat, jolly elf!

Here's a little something for my fellow Trekkies, then get your brain going with a little Christmas song game!

This is why we don't have live animals in the nativity scene at my church.

Northpointe Church has a rocking new way of making beautiful music.

I made a video with my friend/boss Lydia for an Advent Conspiracy event at our church. It's embarrassing, but I love it! And if you don't know about Advent Conspiracy, please please please go here!

It's a Rudolph/Roxanne mashup. Need I say more?

My friends are just as brilliant as The Police and whoever wrote Rudolph, IMHO. Meet your new favorite Christmas song.

It's not Christmas-y, but it's still exciting: my Auburn Tigers are going to the National Championship! Just a few links to show my fandom.

And a couple of old favorites, courtesy of Straight No Chaser and the SNL guys from way back in the day.


We've had some fun, but let's not forget the serious but inspiring links.

A man in India devotes his life to serving others.

My friend Kyle Gilbert wrote a "sobering reminder" about what Christmas isn't, and Steve West tells us why it's not such a big deal to say Xmas. Here on Rachel of the Well, I gave my own take on how to get the message of Christmas across to children.

And last but certainly not least, Stephen Colbert is both funny and sincere about Jesus' message of loving everyone.

Ok, one more: here's a little more of my own Christmas silliness, just for fun!


Well, I think that's all I've got. If I've missed anything super awesome, link to it in the comments. I'm wishing you love and peace during this holiday season, my friends! God bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make sure and remember to write your name when you comment so I know who you are!