Monday, June 1, 2009

A plethora of onomatopoeia!

Man alive, I have not updated this blog in forever! I apologize to my dedicated readers (insert un-ladylike snort of disbelief here). Sooo many things have happened since the last time I wrote. I'll give you an update about the good things first, before moving on to family troubles. Ready for the good news?
*Dum da da DAAA!* (That's my attempt at writing a trumpet fanfare phonetically)

I GOT A JOB!!

*And the crowd goes wild!* HHHHHHHHHAAAA!!

(I don't know why I keep attempting the onomatopoeia. It's obviously not working)

More to the point, I got a job that will actually help me with my calling. I'm the new Children's Minister for The Bridge UMC. It's a new church plant in Huntsville. It's a part time job - Sunday morning and Tuesday nights - but it will grow as the church grows. I wish I could put aside my worldly and selfish wants, but since I am not the thriftiest girl, working just a part-time job isn't going to cut it for me. So I'm also working full time at Latham UMC in the daycare and preschool. I started at the daycare this week, and I'm loving it! Tomorrow will be my first Sunday at The Bridge. I met many of the church members at a cookout on Tuesday; they seem like a close, caring group of people. I'm pumped to get started!

I moved back to Hartselle to live with Mom and Dad, and we're all adjusting to being under the same roof again. There's something comforting about being back home! :-)

This post has been sitting as a draft for over a week, so I guess I should finally post it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make sure and remember to write your name when you comment so I know who you are!