Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Lent!

At church last Sunday, the pastor (not my dad, this was a different church) issued a challenge at the end of her sermon. She basically dared us to use this Lenten season to make God #1 in our lives. She used the book "Jesus for President" as an example, and helped me see how our world is so secular that it will take the focus off of God every time! I haven't read the book, but apparently it is fairly controversial and will "change your world."
The sermon inspired me to make God first in my life during this Lent season. It is going to be hard, and I don't expect 100% perfection. I am going to have to give up a lot of things that fill my life, like secular books, music and tv. I'm also going to try to cut down on other wordly things like drinking and Facebook. I'm even going to try to do less boy-watching! :-) These different things take up so much of my life that I will have a ton of free time left over; That's where God comes in! I am going to fill those gaps in my life with prayer, meditation and bible study. Hopefully I'll come out of it on Easter morning a stronger Christian and a more balanced person. I would appreciate your prayers during Lent and beyond!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make sure and remember to write your name when you comment so I know who you are!